<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 20, 2009

Culture, Damn It

Tomorrow night I am going to Ravinia for the John Legend concert. Now I understand that I should be excited about this. But instead all I can think of is all the work that will go into getting up there, fighting for a place on the lawn, and getting something to eat. Since this is a pop concert, it's bound to be sold out, which means that there will be lots of drunk people arguing over whose blanket was where first and how high chairs are allowed to be. And we will have to deal with the severe man with the sign who walks around the whole time enforcing the no talking policy. These are things I am not excited about. Oh, and taking the Metra. I fear the Metra, which always bears the possibility of stranding a person forever in the suburbs. It is fun to ride on the top level, however. The el could really stand to have an upstairs.

Anyway, I am doing my best to build up some enthusiasm for this event, which I did after all actually manage to get off my ass and purchase tickets for a full two months ago. I will be leaving work at 4:30, at least, which should be fun. And likely eating a mass quantity of cheese, which I always appreciate. Oh, and John Legend will be there. I suppose there is always that.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?