<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Current Events

So I did finally get the wireless hooked up. A second Comcast man came last Friday and most thoroughly set up my network. (He also watched TV for 20 minutes in my room and downloaded what looks to be Japanese animation onto my computer, but oh well.) I've been sitting out in my living room checking email constantly just because I can. And trying to get all my friends to bring their laptops over so we can play Facebook Scramble in real time. I worry I might be some kind of pervert now, seriously.

In other news, the return to work on Monday was every bit as difficult as I'd feared. The first morning back felt like it lasted about six hours. It didn't help that I got sneezed on in the el on the way down. I took a long lunch but didn't really feel like eating anything due to the five layers of barbecue still residing in my stomach. And then in the afternoon I'm pretty sure I slipped into a minor coma. GOP senators were congregating outside my office to make sure no one tried to terminate my life support.

But the good news is the week is half over now. I'd prefer that it be all the way over, but so far the laws of space and time refuse to bend to suit my fancy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?