<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Here to Help

I've met so many delightfully helpful people on my many journeys through this great land, and my most recent New York trip was no exception. On the flight out, I was lucky enough to be seated next to a very resourceful gentleman who, without so much as the slightest prompting, instructed me on everything from the way the tray tables worked to the quality of the book I was reading to the geography of the greater New York area. Unfortunately, the girl seated on the other side of him had headphones, so she didn't get to share in my education, but I guess it serves her right for listening to that godless pop music.

At the hotel I once again got some useful advice, in the form of a fellow gymgoer, who carefully explained to me the many failings of my current workout practices. I felt lucky that he had a medicine ball right there and could demonstrate the interesting calisthenics I should be doing instead.

And on the way back, I actually had a lady behind me in line at security who felt the need to fill me in on the various intricacies of taking off my shoes and putting my laptop in a separate bin. She spoke most feelingly on the subject of the liquids in a plastic bag policy. Carry on limits almost put her through the roof!

I guess I must just look like I need extra help. Is there such a thing as stupid face? And if so, does my employer have to give me medical leave for it? That I would accept.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?