<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 13, 2009

Panic, Minus the Disco

I had another of my awesome sleep disorder attacks last night. So despite the fact that I went to bed early, I devoted a large portion of the night to pacing back and forth frantically in my room and thinking that I was going to die, and thusly got about three hours of sleep. It is always amusing, in retrospect, to think about the frenzied way my mind works when it hits the panic button. Last night, for instance, I was freaked out by Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason on AMC not because of Renee Zelweger's tiny eye slits but because my brain was simultaneously working on 1) the connection between Bridget Jones and Pride & Prejudice, 2) the connection between Hugh Grant and Music & Lyrics starring Drew Barrymore, 3) how scary it would be to be imprisoned in southeast Asia, and 4) whether I was going to die. I then flipped over to Burn After Reading on HBO, but let me just say that the sight of John Malkovich is calming to no one. Finally I ended up with an episode of Friends, which served me well for twenty to thirty trips across my room and back. I guess I should take back all those nasty things I said about David Schwimmer.

Anyway, I'm heading to bed again momentarily, and here's hoping tonight it actually involves sleep. I'm off to New York for work tomorrow and looking forward to all the wonderful LaGuardia-based time that typically affords. Who knows, I may even get a soft pretzel.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?