<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sigh

Last night I had one of those phone calls with Comcast that begins with a question, escalates into a lot of angry sarcasm, and ends with a thank you. I don't know if they have special training for their customer service employees on how to enrage and perplex me, but I wouldn't be surprised. They hit all my buttons, from forcing me to describe the same problem about sixteen times to placing me on hold indiscriminately to trying to sell me unrelated goods and services. All I can say is Tanya is lucky they monitor their calls for customer service purposes; the fear of having the call serve as evidence in a criminal trial was all that kept me from some exceedingly choice words.

Perhaps by now you can tell that my technician visit for the wireless internet did not go well. In point of fact, it went fine at the time, but the wireless stopped working at all by the evening of the visit. Which was when I began to feel rather unhappy, in retrospect, about the fact that the technician had been on an exceedingly involved personal call for the duration of his visit and had therefore been unable to answer rather fundamental questions, such as "what's the password?" and "how do I use this thing?" As it turned out, Tanya from customer service could answer them no better.

So I have another service call scheduled for Friday morning. And they put a $50 credit on my account. That was where the "thank you" came from.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?