<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Department of Bad Decisions

This afternoon I headed to my meeting across town without A) an umbrella, B) an ID, c) any credit or debit cards, and d) any cash. And so began a fascinating journey in which I was forced to sneak into two office buildings, one of which was my own, hit up a senior partner for cash, and walk halfway across town in the pouring rain. Sometimes I amaze even myself.

I did make one smart though somewhat terrifying choice in that I walked back to my office by way of lower Wacker, which meant that I stayed relatively dry, but had to weather (pun definitely intended) some startling encounters with homeless people. It turns out they like staying dry, too. In fact, they have some gorgeous cardboard box estates built up down there. I am contemplating a move.

I also prevailed upon my sister to pick me up from work, which was a delight. As a limousine service goes, she's a little less adherent to the ten and two rule than I would like and at times a bit mouthy, but far more conversant in Top Model history than most drivers. Clearly, I am blessed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?