<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Museum of Television

I don't know if you're aware of this, but The Nanny has recently arrived on Nick at Nite. Now I enjoyed The Nanny when I was but a lad, primarily because it had an animated opening sequence and a catchy theme song. But I have to admit that I sort of lost interest as the years wore on and puberty ravaged the young child stars. I had a vague awareness that (decade-old spoiler alert!) The Nanny and her boss got together towards the end, but I think I was probably too busy binge drinking and writing papers about T.S. Eliot to even tune in. Thanks to the miracle of boring summer television, however, I have a chance to enjoy the comedic wonders of Fran Drescher's adenoids once again.

So far we have taken in three episodes this evening. In one of them, Fran became convinced that Niles was a serial killer, with consequences every bit as hilarious as one might expect. There was some hiding in a closet involved. In another, Fran started dating one of Maggie's friends, without the legal consequences one might expect. And in the third there was the most incredible green screened "park" scene I have ever encountered. I seriously think they lifted the park footage from a filmstrip we watched in 9th grade biology.

Did you know that versions of The Nanny were filmed in several foreign countries? In Argentina they called it La Ninera.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?