<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 23, 2009

These Have Been Some Busy Times


Thursday I had dinner with friends and then there was the premiere of Project Runway: Lifetime Edition, which it turns out is a lot like the old version but with more crying. I was afraid they were going to have them design tampons or gowns for Meredith Baxter or something. I'm still not sure this is going to make up for the vacuum that was created when they lost The Golden Girls to the Hallmark Channel, but I guess it will have to do.


Friday I went to happy hour and then ran a series of very important errands. I always find it's better to run errands slightly buzzed. It makes the produce section at Jewel all that much more fascinating, and the unfortunate small talk of the bored 19-year-old Home Depot clerk somewhat bearable. I bought new shrubs for the front yard. Yes, I am the Dr. Death of the plant world. Deal with it.


Saturday I went out to my friend's lake house for the day, which consisted mainly of me getting lost repeatedly and stopping at frightening gas stations to pee. Seriously, the travel time put together was more than the time I spent at the lake. And then it was overcast and 65. The jet skis were committing ritual suicide.

Today the big news was my new phone. After two years of slavery with my Krzr (never buy a phone that lacks vowels) I have finally upgraded to a touchscreen and GPS. And I only had to endure some mild sales pressure to do it. At last, life is good again.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?