<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Bread Accord

I can't say my sister's return to my condo has been completely without issues. She frequently leaves dishes in the sink, much to the dismay of the dishwasher not more than two feet away. She remains pathologically afraid of our cleaning lady, about which she might not actually be so far off base. And for the past several weeks she has refused to eat the wheat bread I buy, stating that it is "gross" and "has chunks in it."

Now I'm no fan of grossness or chunks, god knows, but I also refuse to eat any bread that is petroleum based on has a picture of a clown on it. And those two points seem to encapsulate my sister's preferences in the matter. And so for weeks we had two loaves of bread sitting side by side in the cupboard, slowly molding as they both managed to remain more or less uneaten.

But last night at Target a miracle occurred (as they often do at Target), and we were able to agree on a product marketed as "smooth wheat." Apparently it both lacks chunks and is for grownups. I had my inaugural slices today and they were what I can best term fine. And my sister seems satisfied, too. Peace in the Middle East cannot be far behind.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?