<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 24, 2009

KC Masterpiece

I sort of forgot to mention that I went to Kansas City. That's a sentiment that's unlikely to become their tourism slogan any time soon, and yet it is the case. I was there on Sunday night and Monday morning for work. Probably about 19 hours total. So needless to say, I did not see much of the magnificent City of Fountains. I did not even get any barbecue. The closest I got was the airport Quiznos.

So I can say this of the Paris of the Plains: it has a nice airport. Seriously, very manageable and comfortable. I got through security in about five minutes. It also has a serviceable Marriott. I'm not nuts about their $8.99 for internet policy, but I suppose it's worth that much to find out that Toni Collette won the Emmy for Best Actress in a Comedy. The bed was very soft and the shampoo smelled nice.

I did not like the water. The tap water I had tasted very earthy. Like a fourth grader's science project. I had some bottled water at the law firm I was deposing at, and that was quite fine.

They've got some nice law firms in Kansas City. Or one, at least. They had ample outlets for your laptops and other business paraphernalia. And they kept the beverages coming. I can be a rather thirsty person at times.

Would I go back to Kansas City? Sure, why not? For one thing, I'm pretty sure I left my travel-sized mouthwash there.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?