<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 20, 2009

News Flash

Somehow I was unaware that there had been a fourth entry in the Bring it On series. I mean, not that it's not completely warranted by the amount of cheerleading-related humor that still remains untapped, but I'm sort of surprised that I didn't know about it. I mean, if there's a terrible movie that airs on ABC Family, I'm usually very much in the know. Based on the description in my cable guide, this one involves a "bright and energetic young cast" and focuses on what happens "when rival high-school squads battle at a cheerleader camp." I guess I'll still have to wait for that dark reimagining a la Batman Begins.

The really great news though is that Spider Man 3 is back in the Encore rotation for the week. I'm guessing that I've commented on this before, but Spider Man 3 is amazing in that it's as though they are trying to make you hate the whole franchise. I mean, Tobey Maguire has an extended dance sequence (as the "evil Spider man," natch) and Kirsten Dunst sings in more than one scene. James Franco gets his face messed up halfway through the picture and thereafter is therefore left with absolutely no assets as a actor. Oh, and Topher Grace is in it. This was admittedly during the phase when Hollywood was trying to make Topher Grace happen (In Good Company, anyone?), but still it is inexcusable. Definitely check it out immediately if not sooner.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?