<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 04, 2009

You Can Go Home Again...

...but that doesn't necessarily mean that anyone will be there when you do. Today I made the five-hour-plus trip across the state to my parents' house today, only to find that they weren't home when I got here. So I let the dog out, helped myself to a Crystal Lite, and did a little work on the dining room table. And they still weren't home. So I flipped on the TV, watched a little bit of US Open coverage, went down and played the piano for a while, and called my sister. And they still weren't home. So I finally called my mother's office to see what the deal was. Apparently, the Friday before Labor Day weekend is a hot time for fiftysomething college administrators. I was lucky to be able to negotiate a 6 PM meeting for dinner.

After two and a half hours or so of family togetherness, I am yet again Home Alone. (I fully expect to fight off two bumbling burglars with hilarious consequences at any moment.) Apparently, the lure of the Super Wal-Mart was too strong for my parents. The good news is that they have agreed to bring me some Caffeine Free Diet Coke.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?