<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Endings

I'm heading back to Chicago today. The long weekend has really flown by. Maybe it's because of all the glitz and glamour, I don't know. I went to both Super Wal Mart and Big K Mart while I was in Quincy; that level of elegance is going to be pretty hard to surpass.

My parents did take me to Hannibal, Missouri to see Fantastic Mr. Fox while I was here. Hannibal is a town about the size of Quincy that seems to not understand that Mark Twain's characters were fictional. You see, Twain lived in Hannibal for a while and now everything is labeled the Becky Thatcher Bookshop or the Huck Finn Family Planning Clinic. But regardless, they have a lovely downtown with a movie theater that has eight screens, as opposed to the six at Quincy's biggest facility. Those two screens can make all the difference in the world. Just ask Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire.

Anyway, Fantastic Mr. Fox was absolutely adorable and I highly recommend it. Stop motion animation as a general rule totally fucking creeps me out, but it really seemed to fit Wes Anderson's filmmaking style, and it sort of just came across like an unreasonably witty child putting on a show with his toys. Plus I have always loved Roald Dahl's children's books because they are completely whacked out and inappropriate for children. And afterwards my parents took me out for pizza. It was like the third grade birthday party I never had. (The third grade birthday party I did have was at Scottie's Skateland and involved a sheet cake and lots of Transformers.)

I wish that I had more time off. Also that I did not have a five hour trip ahead of me. Stop thwarting me, laws of space and time!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?