<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Capitalism

I spent about eight hours in DC for work this Thursday. It was another one of those trips where I find out I'm going about 48 hours before I actually go. As a result, I'm pretty sure my ticket cost several million dollars and the only seats left on the way back were directly adjacent to the bathroom in the last row. On the way out I was in better shape as it turns out the 6:05 AM flight isn't too heavily populated. Not that it would have mattered, as I fell asleep about ten minutes in. I had a beautiful dream where I wasn't on a place at 6:05 in the morning.

Anyway, it was a pretty surreal trip. The office was only about fifteen minutes from the airport, and I saw practically nothing of the city in between. They had sandwiches brought in for lunch, so I didn't even see what the local Wendy's looks like. I passed a lot of official-looking buildings on the way in, though, which I decided were probably various embassies belonging to countries I like. I think I may also have seen Mitch McConnell's house, just judging by the cloud of evil rising off of it.

The partner I was traveling with did take me to the United Red Carpet Club, which was sort of interesting. They had free bags of chips and cheese and crackers just lying out! And you could have as much Diet Coke as you wanted. I was so busy loading up on free snacks we almost missed our flight.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?