<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 21, 2009

Snow Job

Back in Quincy for the week. It was a bit of a difficult trip, thanks to the halfhearted efforts of our state's road crews. I'm guessing that road salt was one of the casualties of Illinois' recent rounds of budget cuts, because there were cars off the road every ten miles or so. One or two you can chalk up to careless cell phone usage or vigorous road head, but once you hit the double digits you have to admit that the traction might not be as solid as, say, the Holmes/Cruise union. So I spent a good portion of the trip driving at thirty-five miles per hour and saying Hail, Marys. I thought about a chorus of "One Bread, One Body," but it seemed like overkill.

Anyway, I am here, although I'm sort of not, because I'm still "telecommuting" to Chicago each day for work. It's kind of fun, since I get to wake up at 8:30 and work in my pajamas. Also I watched Days of Our Lives during my lunch break. Did you know they brought back the character who got buried alive in the '90s? I'm hoping for a live cremation this time around.

I also got to seem my 98-year-old grandmother today. She must be feeling a lot better, because she had lots of strong opinions to share today. Many of which involved nurses who were standing not ten feet away.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?