<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Sound of Music

Today I discovered that I get a TV network known as Fuse, which actually shows music videos. And not the way that TRL used to show music videos, with text messages streaming across the bottom and preteens screaming awkward greetings to their friends in the corner. No, Fuse appears to actually show music videos in their entirety, something I've not seen since approximately 1992. And I am learning a great deal.

First of all, I saw Gwen Stefani's video for Hollaback Girl, which I had never seen before, having apparently been in Africa for all of 2005. At first I thought it was awful, but then I decided that it was meant ironically and therefore awesome. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Gwen's use of Asians, but as I am not aware of any EEOC complaints against her, I suppose I will let it stand.

Then I saw Kelly Clarkson's video for Since You Been Gone, which reminded me that she used to have human proportions, such that they didn't need to shoot her videos through three layers of gauze. You have to choose between love and sandwiches, Kelly.

There was also a Pussycat Dolls video, through which I learned that I have no idea how many members of the Pussycat Dolls there are. And I still wonder what all of them are there to do. Especially since the computer clearly does most of the singing.

(All the videos were for females today, obviously. It's a theme day.)

Christina Aguilera's "Ain't No Other Man" video was perfectly fine. It was nice that she managed to find assless chaps with a 1940s vibe.

And apparently there is a person named Ciara. Who knew?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?