<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Epic Commuting Fail

Today was one of those days that is almost comically disastrous. First I woke up late because I took a sleeping pill in the middle of the night after waking up at 4 AM in a panic attack induced by my pro bono client and the Massachusetts Senate race. Then, while running towards the train along Addison, I somehow hit the last remaining patch of ice in the city of Chicago and sprawled face first onto the ground, only narrowly avoiding a run in with a passing school bus. Then, after getting myself up and making a wry comment to the many helpful observers who came out to note what an idiot I am, I somehow slipped again and nearly slammed my back half as well. I had the duration of the train ride to realize that in the process of falling I had managed to coat my hands, my sleeves, and one of my pant legs with some sort of delightful asphalt residue, so I made a beeline for the bathroom when I got to work and did some lovely sink and paper towel restorations on my appearance. It was nice that a number of partners could come by to check out this process. And as I finished up, I realized that I had forgotten to wear a belt today, meaning that I looked about as close to homeless as one can look without getting thrown out of a major law firm. I would say that I should take a cab tomorrow, except I'd probably manage to get run over by it at least twice on my way to the office.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?