<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Back to Business

Well, that was an eventful absence. My trial ended up being three days down in Champaign. Each day was about an 18 or 20 hour workday. Which made the fact that I packed both workout clothes and a swimsuit more than a little sad. I didn't even have time to go eat dinner at the diner where they put gravy on everything. I did drive past the law school every day on my way from the hotel to the courthouse, though. Surprisingly, doing so did not throw me into a state of shock.

We lost at trial, as we sort of expected we would. Our case was not an easy one, and it did not help that all of the people in the jury pool looked as though they wanted to murder us. Most of them were from places I've never heard of, and I spent a lot of time down in central Illinois. The judge seemed to like us, though. He kept sustaining my objections, even when I wasn't 100% sure why I was making them.

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is where a parking lot used to be when I was in school there. They served cookies at the front desk almost constantly and they had free wireless and free printing in the business center (although it took about twenty minutes per page). Also everyone was almost supernaturally friendly. I kept muttering swear words under my breath to see if I could get them to be mad at me, but to no avail.

I'm glad to be back, needless to say.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?