<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Big Hurt

I finally saw The Hurt Locker on Tuesday. And first of all, let me say how much I love the fact that I'm constantly starting sentences with "I finally saw" these days. It seems like it's pretty much a rule that I'm not going to see something until after it's stopped being at all pop culturally relevant. Unless my desk becomes some hot new trend, in which case I'm completely covered.

Anyway, The Hurt Locker. It was pretty good. I thought it was kind of cool that the more famous a person was in the movie the more likely it was they were going to die. Or only be in it for about ninety seconds, like Evangeline Lilly. I thought it conveyed a pretty good sense of what the war in Iraq is like, although admittedly I have no idea what that war is like except from what I've read in magazines. So if Us Weekly is off on its war coverage, then maybe I'm wrong here, I don't know.

It was certainly very suspenseful, as I guess movies with lots of explosives are bound to be. I was kind of cringing the whole time worrying that things were going to blow up. Also I kind of hated the main character more than a little bit. He just made too many bad decisions, you know? It's kind of like how I feel about Jennifer Aniston.

I don't know if it should be best picture or not, but I would certainly rather it win than Avatar, which still strikes me as simultaneously boring and gay. I'm thinking about seeing Up in the Air this weekend; maybe that will help me decide what to back.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?