<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Flixed Off

I love Netflix for a lot of reasons. First, it helps me towards my goal of not ever leaving my house, which is something that work, friends, and family seldom do. Second, it allows me to sample a wide variety of obscure movies I secretly enjoy without enduring the judgment of others. If I want to rent up a copy of Pippin or some German documentary about stools, Netflix can make it happen with a minimum of mockery. And finally, as a list person, I really do just enjoy the thrill of adding and deleting things. Not to mention re-ranking. It's like I've died and gone to heaven.

But lately I'm having a problem with my Netflix taunting me. I'll get a disc that I thought I really wanted and then realize that in fact I have absolutely no desire to see it. I turns out that in theory I want to see a lot of really smart movies with subtitles and shit, but in practice I kind of just want to watch old episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch on ABC Family. And so many of the classics of world cinema end up spending months at a time just sitting on the credenza next to my blu-ray player while Felicity: Sophomore Year is on heavy rotation.

I did finally watch The Conversation last night, though, which has been in residence here since I believe September. It was okay. Movies really have started moving a lot faster in the past couple decades, though, I have to say.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?