<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hustler

My sister is doing the Hustle Up the Hancock this weekend. It's this thing where people run up the stairs of the Hancock building for no apparent reason. Well, it's for charity, actually, but the thing is that they would still be allowed to give money to charity even without all of the physical exertion. That's why my checkbook is so damn buff; I let it do most of the exercise.

There is some concern that my sister will become permanently disabled as a result of this venture, thank you for asking. She's always had some athletic interests, but they were mainly of the spectating kind. She did enter a tennis tournament in Champaign once and got her picture in the paper for it. That's the kind of hard news that wins Pulitzers.

The main thing, I think, is that they don't have to go back down, which is good, because I once did 27 flights up and down and ended up being unable to walk for three days. She has been practicing in our stairwell at home as well, which has earned her a lot of strange looks from neighbors, but then she just reminds those people that we can hear them fucking. And frankly it doesn't sound like that much fun.

So I guess I'll report on that some more on Sunday. Or maybe I'll forget entirely. God knows I like to keep people guessing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?