<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

In Treatment

So my sister became convinced that she was going blind because some guy at Wal Mart optical a couple of years ago told her that she had scratches on her cornea due to sleeping in her contacts and needed to get Lasik surgery. After months of fretting, she finally scheduled a visit with a new eye doctor, but decided that I needed to accompany her, apparently because I'm good at intimidating optical maladies? As it ended up, she felt better pretty much the minute we got in there and I just spent an hour and a half sitting in a chair in the waiting room and wishing they had magazines other than Highlights Hidden Pictures. Or that someone hadn't circled all the damned hidden pictures in green magic marker. I did help pick out some lovely frames, though. Oh, and she is not actually going blind, in case you were actually concerned about that. Her lack of difficulty seeing probably should have been a clue.

Meanwhile, my dentist has decided that I have terrible problems with dry mouth, which I have to admit I always had thought of as more of an annoyance than a legitimate malady. But either way he has directed me to use a mouthwash that tastes like the bottom of Tyne Daly's feet and to try to sleep with my mouth closed, which should be just about as easy as trying to do anything in particular while one is sleeping. Perhaps I'll try to practice the violin while I'm sleeping as well.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?