<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 22, 2010

Olympic Moments

Okay, so I also need to say a bit on the topic of Apolo (Anton) Ohno. I find him to be rather aggressively unattractive. The landing strip on the chin just needs to go. I also hate his habit of suddenly yelling "whoo!" or doing a fist pump in the middle of an interview. And the fact that he was on Dancing With the Stars. I do appreciate his quickness on the ice, I suppose. And I'm more than a little afraid of him, for I do believe his thighs are deadly weapons. But all in all, I will welcome his return to relative obscurity when the next week or so is over.

I will also be glad to see less of Bob Costas, who does not age. And Mary Carillo. Good God, Mary Carillo. A few days ago she did a "human interest piece" on the Canadian Mounties and dressed in uniform and marched around with a bunch of them, and I swear to God I could not even tell which one was her. Also she did a piece on polar bears and somehow failed to get mauled. I really want to know who at NBC decided to give over a chunk of prime time to Mary Carillo irritating various Canadian people as opposed to, um, I don't know, live coverage of events. Probably the same person who decided to go all in on Jay Leno.

I do still love curling, though. It's just pointless enough to tickle my sense of irony. And ski jump, for the feeling of superiority I get from not doing something with an unnecessarily high probability of lethalness.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?