<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Club Wed

This is going to be the most wedding heavy year I've had in a long time. I've got two in May, one in June, one in August, and one in October, plus an engagement party in April. Some of them are in the area, thank God, but I've also got (super expensive) New York, (murder-rich) Baltimore, and (Northern) Minnesota in the mix. So add in the travel and at the end of this we're definitely talking an investment of thousands, not hundreds. I'm telling you, these friends had better not just immediately get pregnant and start ignoring all their friends once this is over, or there is going to be trouble. To the extent that silent resentment can fairly be termed trouble.

Fortunately, I don't have to do anything in any of these weddings, that I know of. God knows I have rocked some Love is Patient, Love is Kind in my day, but I really need to save my voice for trying to talk over the other members of my condo association. And as much as I would love to belt out a little Sunrise, Sunset, I do think there are others more qualified than I to tug at people's various heart strings. Frankly, I'm not even sure where on the heart the strings are located.

I'm also pleased to note that there will be ample alcohol at each of these events, thereby ensuring that someone will do something ridiculous and hilarious. Hopefully not any of the brides, but you never can tell.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?