<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Luck of the Irish

As you may know, I'm not generally the biggest fan of St. Patrick's Day. Of course, when I refer to "St. Patrick's Day," I mean the Saturday before when everyone gets hammered, not the actual St. Patrick's Day. I have nothing against Irish people who hate snakes. But anyway, I tend to think of fake St. Patrick's Day as amateur hour for drinkers, and may even have referred to it that way on this blog before, although I'm too lazy to check. Regardless, there are generally just way too many people vomiting in my shrubs on fake St. Patrick's Day.

But this year it was perfectly fine, mainly because I did a little drinking of my own. I also saw some Irish dancing, which was kind of disturbing, because apparently it involves little girls being made up like whores. Oh, and there were balloon animals for some reason -- a somewhat creepy man was making all kinds of wonderful things at the bar, and I convinced him to make a vampire bat hat. It was very unique, you see, as generally he'll make vampire bats and hats, but the two do not meet. I'm just relieved he took my special order, even if it did cost me $3.

Also, I had a Frito chili pie. Not that that has anything to do with St. Patrick's Day. It was just kind of delicious, though also probably deadly in the long run.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?