<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 24, 2010

TV Guide

There is something called "Beyonce Takeover" on Fuse right now. I assumed that meant Beyonce had engaged in piracy on a grand scale, but in fact it just involves a lot of Beyonce videos being played, interspersed with commentary from an expressionless African-American lady. It does remind me of a lot of Beyonce videos I'd forgotten about, though, such as the one for Soldier, in which Michelle Williams is terrifyingly thin and wearing a plaid bikini top for no reason. It also made me realize for the first time that there are two semi-famous Michelle Williamses, the other being the topheavy gal from Dawson's Creek. I'm thinking we didn't really need more than one. Anyway, they just showed Crazy in Love and now I'm doing some serious reflection on early '00s fashion. Did people really wear half length baseball warmup jackets with low rise khakis?

At the same time there is National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. I've often blogged about my love of the Nicolas Cage Does Ridiculous Things subgenre, I feel. But this is one of the finest. It has Diane Kruger fighting hard and losing against her thick Germanic accent. And Dame Helen Mirren as some lady. That should have been her Oscar role.

We also had the possibility of a Diane Keaton double feature on Lifetime, featuring Because I Said So and Mad Money, perhaps better known as the movie that caused Katie Holmes to pass on The Dark Knight. I just didn't have the strength, though. Neither did Diane Keaton, frankly. She seemed mildly sedated through both. Pretty soon they're just going to have to film her coming in to pick up the paycheck.

Thank God I'm going out tonight. Even if I probably will be back home again before midnight.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?