<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 06, 2010

The Longest Yard

So my front yard has died again. We've tried everything on that patch short of exorcism, and nothing seems to want to grow there. The grass was patch and wild, when there was any. Flowers shrivel up and die like Faye Dunaway's libido. Last year we went for shrubs, hardy shrubs, and wood chips. I guess the good news is that the wood chips didn't die. I'm sort of running out of ideas now. Maybe we should just put down concrete and paint it green.

The yard has sort of become my responsibility by default, since no one else in the building is willing to do anything at all about it. The trash is the same way. Not taking the trash out, but moving it from the trash bin corral to the edge of the alley where the trash people pick it up. Why they didn't just build the corral there I will never know. I also change the lightbulbs in the common areas. I'm pretty sure someone else takes responsibility for cleaning them, though. I say this because no one has yet been engulfed by an enormous dustball.

Anyway, I guess I'll just go to Home Depot this weekend and beg them for ideas about death-proof plants. At this point they all go running when they see me walk in.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?