<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Many Happy Returns

Well, that was interesting.

It turns out that where we were staying in Maryland was about three blocks from where one of my good friends from college lives. (Also about a block from Tiffany's, but that's another story.) I ended up only having about an hour to break away and see her, but that was nice. Even if she did make me try this horrible liqueur that she claims is "really big in Spain." Actually, she claims that her mother claims it's "really big in Spain." I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

The hotel had both a restaurant and a business center right there in the main lobby, which was kind of a pip. I actually made copies on the tiny copy/fax machine while I was eating lunch the second day, which was useful since it moved at a pace of about one page every fifteen seconds.

It seemed like every channel on Maryland television was playing Bride Wars, which I believe is directly forbidden by the Geneva convention. While I support the casting of former Reba actors in comic supporting roles, I have no room in my life for an orange Anne Hathaway. Or a Kate Hudson of any color, frankly.

Yesterday I ended up stuck in Reagan National Airport for about seven hours. I had both lunch and dinner there and changed my clothes in the bathroom, so I was really just a cot away from taking up residence. Apparently there were weather delays, which is airline code for "go to hell." All I can say is thank God that Potbelly's is so delicious.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?