<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 01, 2010

New York Minute

Just got back from whirlwind trip to New York for a friend's engagement party. Any time you get to fly twice in 36 hours is of course amazing. On the way out, I had a flight attendant who looked like Ertha Kitt and demanded a kiss from a twelve-year-old boy in exchange for his apple juice. Then there was a seat-changing fracas involving an aggressively chipper lady who "really wanted to sit by her husband on her birthday." On the way back, I had a flight attendant who met me outside the bathroom and poured hand sanitizer on me. And the lost cast members from Jersey Shore were sitting behind me loudly discussing the merits of various types of alcohol for the duration of the trip. Suddenly the thought of crashing became reassuring rather than scary.

The party itself was nice. We were on a roof and drinking, which is always a winning combination so long as the railings are suitably high. The bar was sufficiently nice to be pleasant but not so nice that I felt like I needed to be wearing work clothes. I didn't know all that many of the people there, but I made a good start on making "wedding friends" that I can lean on throughout the remaining pre-nuptial events. And thanks to the one-hour time difference, I was able to stay out past the old lady hour. It was almost like being 29 again!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?