<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Date Night

It was a big night for me and my parents last night. We started off with a dinner at Kelly's, a local restaurant known for cheese soup and cinnamon rolls and my frequent episodes of amusing intoxication. Most well drinks are three dollars there, which has led to occasional dramatic reenactments of great moments in high school variety show history and, on at least one occasion, a high speed chase past the salad bar. But anyway, I spend most of my time there now hoping not to run into former third grade teachers or local TV station coworkers, and for the most part I succeed. We got the back corner booth last night, which is key to that endeavor.

After dinner, we stopped in to see my grandmother, who was awake and sitting up for the occasion. She had just had dinner as well, although she had some rather nasty things to say about the peaches. We tried to sell her on watching the Cubs game, but she saw no reason to increase her suffering.

Then we caught a Saturday night mass, which is always a favorite of mine for getting it out of the way purposes. My parents' church is amazing because every mass is the guitar mass and every vowel sound comes out sounding like "eh." Also the priest likes to sit on a stool while he does his Eucharist magic. Apparently the church picnic is coming up, but my mother refused to buy me any raffle tickets, despite the possibility that I could win a lovely quilt. Where is the hospitality?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?