<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Disaster

So I have a really great explanation for my absence this time. My computer died. Well, it more went into a coma then died, since it is back with us, but it was definitely moving towards the light. For most of the past week I had to choose between safe mode (which wouldn't let me on the internet) and a black screen with a mouse pointer icon. We tried various home remedies to fix it, such as repeatedly restarting it and tossing some salt over my shoulder while walking under a ladder and breaking a mirror, but nothing seemed to work. I even contemplated taking it back to Best Buy, but since my last visit with the Geek Squad ended in tears and recrimination, I eventually opted for the nuclear option. I saved my files to a thumb drive and reset the thing to its factory settings.

This was 24 hours ago and everything seems fine now. I did have to reload all of my hilarious screen saver images (Vanessa Hudgens in Sneakernight, anyone?) and my wallpaper of America's Next Top Model Anchal as Stedman, but that is minor collateral damage. In fact, everything seems to be running much faster since I no longer have any of the PC games I play for ten minutes and then become tired of on there. It's like a whole new world!

Of course, all is not forgiven. I would be throwing rocks through the windows of HP's executives right now if I knew where to find them. Of course, they've got problems of their own.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?