<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 04, 2010

The Fourth Kind

I really need to know what programming genius decided that Americans want to celebrate their nation's birthday with Spider Man 3. I mean, sure, there are unintentional erotic fireworks between Tobey Maguire and James Franco, but Kirsten Dunst's acting is in and of itself a form of treason. And I am declaring my independence from Thomas Hayden Church's sketchy post-Sideways career choices.

I'm sort of out of Fourth of July related puns now, so I guess I'll move on.

We saw my grandma at the home today. Apparently she is on steroids now, but far from experiencing roid rage. In fact, she is about as happy as I've ever seen her. Almost our entire conversation was in the present tense, as opposed to being set in the 1940s, and not once did she exhort us to get married or have children. Plus she's been walking up a storm in her therapy. Isn't it funny how normal life tasks get to be viewed as accomplishments for children and the elderly?

In other news, our neighbors have been setting off fireworks for what seems like about twelve years now, which has sent our dogs into a state of nervous exhaustion. They keep hiding under things and trembling. Which is actually about how I feel after the past couple of weeks, so they better leave some room under that blanket.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?