<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Heat is On

I'm stuck at home this morning waiting for the furnace guy to finish up with his six month checkup. My heating and cooling system now sees its doctor more regularly than I see mine. As I know I have documented before, this is a horrifically awkward process in which I am repeatedly expected to engage in small talk about various aspects of my air conditioner. Just now I had to express an opinion on the state of my freon. I felt pretty good about it, I don't know.

Anyway, what's really shocking to me now is the state of daytime television. I used to think staying home was a paradise of Seventh Heavens and Lifetime movies, but now it seems like it's mainly infomercials and terrifying extra hours of the Today Show. It turns out that after What I Like About You ends at 8:30, ABC Family shows The 700 Club! And I'm as much of a fan of psychic prayer as the next person, but Pat Robertson is no Nick Zano. Robertson has a lot more range.

So I've parked myself on HBO's fifth reairing of Clueless in as many days. Hopefully the furnace will be done before Cher decides she's in love with her brother and things get all creepy again.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?