<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 26, 2010

In Which I Am Pathetic

I saw Inception last night. It was pretty enjoyable. Ken Watanabe sometimes sounds like he has marbles in his mouth and Ellen Page seems like she's saying every line sarcastically, but at least Leonardo DiCaprio isn't trying an accent this time. The visuals are pretty great and I was honestly never bored, which is saying a lot with a two hour plus running time. I wasn't even that irritated by the fact that the person behind me kept kicking the back of my chair. Although the lady who was talking about her cats during the previews got a little bit of a shushing, let me tell you.

The weird thing, though, was that the damn thing kept me up most of the night thinking afterwards. Well, that and the dryer, which buzzed loudly three times around one in the morning. I tried to go back to bed, but I couldn't keep my mind from racing, and I wasn't just thinking about what to do about the zit on Marion Cotillard's forehead. I seriously started wondering whether I was really awake or if I was still dreaming, although I was pretty sure I was awake because I kind of wanted a burrito. Then I became convinced that there was an intruder in my house hiding behind the clothes dryer waiting to bludgeon me, and then I turned on the TV to try to calm myself down, and then it turned out that You, Me & Dupree was on, and that certainly didn't help matters. I think I finally passed out around 4 when it shifted over to an infomercial about some storage system for sweaters, which may also have starred Kate Hudson.

So just to recap, the movie got me overstimulated and I couldn't sleep. I am officially a five year old.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?