<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Oral Majority

I'm having oral surgery on Friday! It's called an apicoectomy and there's pictures of it on wikipedia. It's the sequel to the root canal, sort of like a Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. You get it when your root canal has failed, sort of like a Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit. The hope is that it will put an end to my recurrent issues with searing tooth pain and facial swelling up to twice the normal size, sort of like a Kelly Clarkson size. Of course, that was the hope three years ago when I had the root canal, but who's counting.

The good/bad news in all of this is that they're putting me under for it, which means that I'll have a few hours of utter insanity when I come out. After my wisdom teeth were extracted, I kept spitting out my pudding and screaming about how I couldn't focus my eyes before finally falling asleep under the dining room table and dreaming I was Oprah. I don't know how I can possibly top that performance, but God knows I'm going to try. I'm thinking something from the original cast recording of Jesus Christ, Superstar maybe.

If I get really adventurous, maybe I'll blog during my recovery. I'm not sure if that would be a new high or a new low.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?