<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 06, 2010

On the Road Again

I'm heading back to Chicago today and completely dreading this drive. On the last day of a long weekend like this there can be hours of extra traffic time added to the trip. And there is surprisingly little to do when you are sitting on an interstate in central Illinois. Unless you get really excited about reading pro-gun roadsigns. Or counting Dairy Queens.

At least I'll have my sister with me to keep me awake. On some previous occasions I have gotten so drowsy that I have had to sing along with the radio at top volume to maintain consciousness. And central Illinois radio is not always the best. There has been a lot of Carrie Underwood involved.

The big attraction is usually the dinner stop, but given our haste on a day like today, we'll probably end up giving that short shrift as well. I can see a gas station hot dog in my future.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?