<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 02, 2010

The Visitor

So needless to say, the Comcast guy ended up being creepy. He showed up early, failed to know anything about the problem I had so amply documented with his friend Ann, and spoke fewer than ten words the entire time he was there. When he arrived, I was seriously worried for a minute that he was just pretending to be a Comcast guy so as to gain access to my home to murder me. Instead, though, it was just the cable box that died -- and with it my recording of Katie Holmes' sterling dance performance from last summer, I'm afraid.

Anyway, when a new cable box had been put in place and my power to instantly summon 15 different Shakira videos restored, creepy Comcast guy then failed to leave. I kept saying "thanks so much," and "have a good day," and "thanks for coming out," but none of these words moved him towards the door. He just sort of lingered by the television staring lovingly. Again murder sprung to my mind. Eventually I just left the room, though, and he finally made his way out. Either that or he is still hiding under my couch. It's probably worth a look.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?