<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Home, Alone

This weekend I am very much enjoying the benefits of being stationary for a while. No weddings, no reunions, no holidays, no parties, not even any work. I have been at home. Doing not a whole lot. For example, today I shredded old credit card statements I had retained for unknown reasons. Also I watched three episodes of The Wizards of Waverly Place. That Selena Gomez is a natural-born comedian, I tell ya. And this despite her strangely immobile face.

I did run out this morning to try and catch Former Roommate Liz in the marathon, but the text messaging alerts must have been messed up, because by the time it told me to go out there, no one was to be seen except the funny little guy running the street sweeper. Somehow walking down the street with a giant posterboard sign seems much less cool when there is in fact no marathon going on any more.

Of course, I am not completely out of the woods yet. One more wedding next weekend. In northern Minnesota. But after that I can say the year of matrimony is officially at an end. And I only have one wedding that's even on my radar for next year. Although these things can happen fast. No more love, people, come on. Enough is enough.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?