<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Minnesota Dreamin'

I am attending the sixth and last of this year's phalanx of weddings this weekend. It is in northern Minnesota, of course. As in "hour and a half flight to Minneapolis followed by four and a half hour drive" nothern Minnesota. As in "good luck getting cell phone service anywhere" northern Minnesota. (Oddly enough, the condos we're staying in have wireless internet, though.) As in "get severe windburn while going on your run" northern Minnesota. Yes, it is cold. No, I did not bring enough sweaters. But there are also a number of great things about this trip:

1. The condos we're staying in are amazing. Two bedrooms, four baths, full kitchen and living room AND they're right on Lake Superior.

2. I'm not in the wedding, so I get time to relax and enjoy the aforementioned condos.

3. It's beautiful up here, and not insanely cold when the sun is out. Lots of pine trees and cliffs and stuff.

4. Everyone is super friendly, because we're in Minnesota. I seriously thought the car rental girl might try to come along on the trip with me.

5. It's nice for people to get married and all.

If the dinner ends up being good tonight and the liquor flows, I'm even ready to forgive the wolf carcass I encountered while on my run this morning. I am nothing if not diplomatic.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?