<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Reunited

I had my ten-year college reunion this past weekend. It was a fairly surreal experience, if also quite pleasant for the most part. Although I'm pretty sure I haven't grown that much since college (at least not upwards), everything somehow looked smaller. I actually took the time on this trip to visit a bunch of the buildings I spent time in as an undergrad and it really brought back a lot of memories. The time I got in a surprisingly physical altercation with my viola teacher over my rendering of the three-octave D-major scale. The time I fell asleep in a cubicle at the library while reading Uncle Tom's Cabin and dreamed that I was best friends with Madonna. The time I became involved in an indoor water fight that resulted in the loss of a security deposit. The time I drank three bottles of Boone's Farm Wine Product and ended up throwing crackers at cars in the snow, declaring that "some guy's gonna see this, and it's going to blow his mind." The many times I ate chicken strips and white rice for lunch in the cafeteria. You get the idea, I think. I also drove around the Decatur area a bit, but that just made me sort of sad. They tore down the liquor store I used to frequent and the Old Navy done packed up and left the mall. How do people get drunk and try on performance fleece in that town these days? It really sort of boggles the mind.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?