<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks

To set the stage, let me just open with the fact that I played a game of Dizzy, Dizzy Dinosaur with my parents last night. Actually, the dinosaur is not very dizzy any more after a couple of decades in a box; it just sort of ambles slowly off the playing board. But regardless, the game was played. It ended better than most, with accusations of cheating and unfairness, but no actual throwing of game pieces this time around.

We also took my grandmother out to the Thanksgiving buffet at the Holiday Inn. It was sort of amazing in that they for some strange reason had potato skins and cheese and crackers among their selections. There were also like six kinds of dessert, of which I only had one, thank you very much. Our afternoon was marred somewhat by the selection of the wrong hearing aid battery and the substitution of Pepsi for Coke, but these things are to be expected, I think.

My parents also forced us to watch episodes of Sherlock. It seems like it's all right, but they still tape the episodes on VHS and the VCR doesn't work very well, so there's lots of arguing over how to get it cued up right. And then it turned out they only had half of the first episode, although fortunately it was the second half. I'm not a huge fan of cliffhangers.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?