<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Internet Connections

Have you ever seen those spam posts on internet message boards that are designed to get people to go to skeezy dating websites? I sort of love them. They show up on Entertainment Weekly's website all the time, because apparently they don't have any money left for webmasters after spending mad bank on Diablo Cody's short-lived column. I just found this one this evening, on an article about T.I.'s new album, no less:

oh amazing , i love this!
I am a lawyer 32 years old, mature and beautiful, and single at present. and now I am seeking a young man who can love me back. it is the first and best club for Cougars and Young Men.
So i uploaded my sexy photos there under the name of irishcutie23 at Cougarmony.com.
Please Check it out! I’m serious.

First, I love the fact that they bother to open with a pretend comment on the article, as though people are actually going to think there's some crazy cougar lawyer running around leaving sexy comments on entertainment websites. Second, I love the fact that they don't then bother to capitalize or punctuate normally; as a 32-year-old lawyer myself, I can tell you this does not represent us. I'm pretty sure that they even misspelled the website name, although I haven't actually checked out the real website for fear that my computer will get chlamydia. Finally, I love the desperate plea at the end to Check it out! Because neediness is definitely what attracts, believe me.

Here's another one:

Sadly. My boyfriend left me a year ago. Now. I may be in need of someone to love... I am young and beautiful, but alone. My friends told me about the site CougarChats.com and i got curious about it. they met their boyfriends there. It’s the best place to meet a older or a younger boyfriend. i cant risk myself. So i got a username sara lady there in order to find a new boyfriend. is it wrong?

Okay, so as a user name, sara lady is way worse than irishcutie23. But I have to get the edge on the site name to CougarChats.com, and not just because it is correctly spelled. And who doesn't want a girl who declares she is "young and beautiful, but alone?" Modesty is hott. But since she asked: yes, it is terribly, terribly wrong.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?