<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oral History

I don't know if you've ever had the pleasure of sitting through several hours of someone reading their edits to your work out loud to you, but it is frankly not to be missed. The missing commas, the extra spaces, the caught typos -- it's got all the action and adventure of a late '70s Woody Allen movie. And above all things, it is helpful, because of course I cannot read. And even if I could, I wouldn't be able to recreate all the condescending intonations in my head. It is all I can do to keep myself from grabbing the paper, shredding it to pieces, and shouting "thanks for getting me hooked on phonics, buddy!"

Or maybe it's just the time of year that makes me cranky. Without sunlight I go a little berserk. I pretty much feel like getting into bed at 6 PM every day. Or setting up a little blanket in the corner of my office and having a noon nap. If it weren't for the wonders of the internet, I would surely go mad.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?