<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Party Time

I just got Wii Party today. Well, UPS "delivered" it on Monday, I found their hiding place yesterday, and I finally played it tonight. It's sort of like ADD in a box. There are neon and flashing lights everywhere. There is a "host" for the games that looks like an egg with a top hat and seems to speak in tongues. And there are literally hundreds of mini games. I could play for days on end, never stopping, never showering, and still not have played everything. I really think by the time I'm done here my mii may end up in intensive care.

Some of the games are hilariously weird. There's one where you're supposed to rock a baby in time to its heartbeat by moving your controller back and forth. There's one where people throw logs at you and you're supposed to chop them with your arms and legs by moving the controller. There's one where the controllers make animal noises. And there are rules, such convoluted rules. You have to play the mini games to determine the size of the miis you then have to try to balance on the masts of a ship. Or there's another mode where the loss of a mini game causes you to move back a space on a giant game board and lose a virtual heart. If you lose three hearts, the game is over! But if you win five mini games, you get on a spaceship and fly off, which I presume is the equivalent of winning the whole thing. I wasn't quite clear on what the egg guy had to say about that.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?