<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wet, Cold

So I've discovered that my new(ish) office building makes all kinds of fun noises when it is rainy or windy. And while I'm fairly sure I'm not going to end up lying in a pile of twisted metal on the six o clock news, it can be rather distracting. Actually, a few months ago we were straight up ordered to evacuate our offices and go stand in the center of the building in case the windows blew out. I can't even tell you the amount of pride I feel in American workmanship right now.

It has been a rather dismal weather week around here. I started my week by having a couple of gallons of rainwater dumped down the collar of my shirt while entering the train through a waterfall. Then we had a tornado warning, which seemed to consist mainly of more rain, and a forty-degree drop in temperature overnight. I had turned off my heat in a burst of irrational exuberance, so I was essentially awakened yesterday by the death throes of hypothermia. On the plus side, it turns out death throes are pretty great exercise.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?