<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Cold War

I wonder how many posts I've written through the years expressing dissatisfaction with the nastiness that is the Chicago winter. At least one per year, I would guess. Perhaps there are also posts expressing a resolve to make the best of it or noting surprise that it is not as bad as one thought it would be, but those are probably less frequent. And surely there must be some very dark posts lamenting my continued residence in a city where winter makes up about half of the year. So I won't repeat those now. I will just say that this sucks. It's probably like ten degrees out and I am wearing three layers of clothing indoors. It's been snowing all day and I feared I would become hopelessly marooned on the six block trip back from church this morning. And my feet are freezing.

It is a good day for staying inside and working, I'll give it that. And since I have a big work week ahead, it's not the worst timing possible. Generally I end up stuck in the office when it's in the eighties and sunny. But it would be nice to not have to redouble my investment in sweaters. They're bulky and sometimes they itch. Also, I'm on my second space heater in as many years. I think the poor thing just killed itself rather than deal with another year of my complaining.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?