<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Once in a Lifetime

The networks of Lifetime and I are having a fine evening together, let me tell you. First I dipped into A Boyfriend for Christmas, a 2004 feature starring Kelli Williams (I think this may have been the answer to the question "What happened to Kelli Williams after The Practice?") and Patrick Muldoon (who may still be best known from his stint on Days of Our Lives during the phase when they were still burying people alive and getting them possessed by the devil). I can't claim to have followed the plot much, since I only watched about half an hour in the middle, but it involved wearing a lot of roll neck sweaters and velvet sweatsuits and being Chrismassy. As with all movies on Lifetime, it also involved a lot of seemingly unmotivated behavior, such as Kelli Williams verbally assaulting a man she believes to be Santa. I highly recommend it.

I spent even less time watching Holiday Switch, starring Nicole Eggert, who we last saw providing scientific evidence of the existence of ghosts on Lifetime's Celebrity Paranormal Project. Mainly it seemed to involve Nicole Eggert acting crazy for no reason. I came into it when she was trying on lots of different clothes and jewelry and shrieking in joy. Again, that could be a lot of different Lifetime movies, though. I dipped in again later and she was apparently getting divorced, which seemed like a bit of a downer for a holiday special. Next thing we know Rudolph will be getting arrested for vehicular homicide.

On Strike for Christmas is starting right now on LMN. So far, all I can tell you is that Julia Duffy is playing a grandmother, which makes me feel old. I'm guessing it's a hard-hitting look at America's labor unions, though.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?