<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 19, 2010

'Tis the Season

I'm really sort of down to the wire on Christmas this year, and I don't like it one bit. I've had just a terrible time thinking of gifts for people, which has led me on multiple occasions just to call those people and ask them if they actually want the thing I'm about to buy them. Surprise, in the end, is sort of overrated. In another instance, I bought a gift that I thought might work for two different people on my list, with the intention of giving it to the one if the other didn't work out. Oh, and I've taken to handing the gifts over directly without wrapping paper, although I do generally at least remove the price tag. My gift to my secretary (a check) is looking downright thoughtful by comparison.

Christmas cards are still underway, as well. There's only so many times per day that I can write "best of luck in 2011," I think. I actually start to get hand cramps. And don't even get me started on the paper cut to my tongue.

I will be headed back to my parents' house some time this week, but it's getting harder and harder to predict with my work schedule. I almost ended up with a court date the day before Christmas. And I have a stupid settlement conference not that long after. Do they not know I have a holiday concert for an elderly person to plan? That viola's not going to play itself, damn it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?