<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 07, 2011

Easy Does It

So I saw Easy A the other night. I have a variety of reactions. Overall, I have to say I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. Of course, I thought I would hate it because the trailer was like three hours long and gave away the entire plot of the movie and seemed really pretty pretty and precious, so that's not saying a ton. Which sort of begs the question of why I ever saw this movie in the first place. I have no good answer to that one.

Anyway, Emma Stone is pretty likable and charming, although oddly enough she does way better with the lines that aren't supposed to be funny than the ones that are. And also there's something kind of weird about her face. I haven't figured out exactly what yet. I'll have to get her to the face lab to use the same science I once successfully applied to Selena Gomez and Nicole Kidman.

Speaking of faces, Amanda Bynes' face has gotten huge. I mean, it was never small, but now it looks like it might eat her body. She's okay. Playing someone unspeakably horrible is right up her alley.

Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson play the parents. They're amusing but trying too hard. Actually, that pretty much applies to the whole movie. If the movie were a person, I'd tap it on the shoulder and tell it just to relax because everyone would like it so much better if it would just stop freaking out all the time.

Lisa Kudrow is in the movie for all of three minutes and spends those minutes being unlikable. What happened to her? Remember when she was in The Opposite of Sex and was all like the indie queen of the moment? Yeah, probably not.

The plot of course is wholly preposterous. Kids weren't nearly the whores they are now back when I was a teenager, and no one at my small rural high school would have found the fact that a girl had had sex even remotely interesting, much less have made picket signs. We reserved that sort of thing for Showgirls at the Cinema 6.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?