<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Upstairs/Downstairs

Did I mention that my downstairs neighbors went away for a few weeks? At first I thought they had just murdered their dogs, but then I noticed that their mail was stacking up, too, and I began to fear that they were dead. The chances of them both dying at the same time seemed small to me, though, absent a murder/suicide, which I would totally not rule out, but felt fairly certain I would have heard. Anyway, it became a moot point when the construction work started a few days into their absence; I figured that it would probably become difficult for the workers to refloor the place if they had to work around a series of corpses. It was delightful to come home every night to the smell of whatever cocktail of chemicals they use to seal floors, though. Such a shame my neighbors had to be out of town for it! They missed a lot of great headaches.

Anyway, they seem to be back now, because the garage door is getting left open a lot again and I can hear her running on the treadmill every day at 6 AM. I would stop by to ask them how their trip was, except that would involve actually talking to them, and we have a five-year streak of mutual disregard going here. I did tape some misdirected junk mail from VISA on their door, though. I'm not a monster.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?